Location: Las Vegas, NV
As a Cook, you will have the satisfaction of creating polished yet unpretentious dishes at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. With your attention to detail and high personal standards you will cater to guests’ sophisticated tastes, helping create a dining experience they will savor long after they have taken the last bite.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set up work station according to kitchen guidelines.
- Prepare, season, finish, and garnish designated recipes/menu items as assigned in accordance with established recipes and guidelines.
- Read tickets and prepare food items accordingly with 100% accuracy.
- Maintain quality standards set forth by management and report any inconsistencies as necessary.
- Inspect all refrigeration and dry storage for proper temperature, handling and rotation of products.
- Wrap, label and date all food product in accordance with SNHD standards.
- Work cleanly and maintain a clean and sanitary work environment in accordance with SNHD guidelines.
- Maintain a true understanding of the food regulations with the ability to recite upon request.
- Stock designated station for the next shift.
- Operate kitchen equipment in a safe and sanitary manner with complete understanding of how the equipment works.
- Work a station independently and efficiently with little or no assistance during regular business volumes.
- Prepare special requests as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the training of new employees as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience in a high volume professional kitchen or culinary school environment.
- Basic understanding of cooking techniques and proper knife skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to obtain and maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from fellow employees and/or guests.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Possess a commitment to quality service.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Completed formal culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Serve Safe Certification for Food Handling.
- Previous experience in a large, luxury resort setting.