Location: Chicago, IL
Name: Evraz NA
EVRAZ North America is seekinga Payroll Manager at our Headquarters in Chicago, IL. As Payroll Manager you will report directly to the Sr. Director, Compensation and Benefits and have the primary responsibility of managing payroll for about 2,000 U.S. employees. This position will work closely with the Compensation and Benefits team, third-party service providers, and various location staff.
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls; manage periodic payroll and special runs
- Ensure payroll is accurate, timely, and complies with various government regulations.
- Analyze, prepare, and input payroll data and manage timekeeping activities, as required
- Administer accurate garnishments, child support orders, and other payroll deductions & remittances
- Coach Payroll staff and provide on-going feedback to develop employees and meet goals
- Assist with journal entries, account reconciliations, and other duties related to accounting of payroll function
- Prepare and distribute periodic & on-demand reports (e.g., gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, wage & tax, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Oversee and reconcile payroll deductions & payments for 401(k), Flexible Spending, Health Savings Accounts, and other employee/employer contribution accounts
- Complete quarterly and annual tax reconciliations for verification of accurate tax filing/deposits and W2s
- Set-up/close tax accounts as required, and investigate & resolve tax issues
- Oversee and manage payroll processing of pay increases, bonus payments, benefit contribution changes, changes to tax schedules, etc.
- Lead projects on payroll and timekeeping system updates, new configurations, and upgrades
- Train front-line supervisors and managers on payroll and timekeeping
- Trouble-shoot, problem-solve, and constantly improve payroll processing, systems, and reporting
- Work with company managers and employees to resolve payroll-related issues
- Work with auditors and maintain SOX standards
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of W-2s, timekeeping, and other payroll related documents in compliance with tax and other government regulations
- Ensure confidentiality of payroll files, systems, and reports in compliance with various governmental regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field is required
- CPP is highly preferred
- 8 years of progressive responsibility in International payroll (Canada preferable) is desirable.
- Experience with Ceridian and/or Kronos systems highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of regulations related to payroll processing, payroll taxes, garnishments, and other related compliance issues
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Experience managing a team is required
- Must be customer service focused, collaborative, flexible, and team oriented
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel; Word; PowerPoint) - advanced use of formulas and functions in Excel is required