Location: Houston, TX
Name: Rhonda Sherry
We have an immediate need for an Accounting Manager. If you meet the requirements, we are interviewing August 15-17.
Job Function - Responsible for all accounting related activities for managed and leased properties in assigned Region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and prepare monthly reporting packages for managed and leased clients, account reconciliations, variance account analysis and journal entries
- Attend monthly client meetings, or as needed
- Supervise a team of Bookkeepers to ensure that all work tasks and assignments are performed efficiently, effectively, and as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue entry, processing of accounts payable invoices and payroll input
- Complete local audit requests by clients, internal and/or external auditor
- Assist in budget preparation and actual to budget variance analysis
- Develop and maintain strong client relations
- Complete ad hoc projects, as requested
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Degree and a minimum of seven years of professional accounting experience
- Prior management/supervisory experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Prior experience using accounting and/or G/L systems
- Demonstrated ability to review financial/accounting statements
- Experience with time & attendance biometric software a strong plus
- Ability to maintain a cohesive work relationship with clients, managers and office staff
- Project management skills including resource allocation, time line maintenance and decision making expectations
- Must be deadline-oriented and able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communications skills a must
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.