Providence Audit Senior Associate
Location: Providence, RI
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation for 2016. The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® competition identifies and honors organizations that display a commitment to excellence in their human resource practices and employee enrichment based on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting in the United States. With more than 100 offices and more than 4,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ Tofias is the New England Division of CBIZ, the 10th largest accounting*, tax, and consulting provider in the nation. Our two New England offices are located in Boston and Providence and have a combined 200 people, including 35 Managing Directors. We uniquely combine national resources with local decision-making by experienced, New England-based professionals who are dedicated to strengthening our clients' financial positions.
- Coordinate the various phases of an engagement, including staff requirements, locations to be visited, job planning, scheduling, etc
- Study and evaluate the internal controls, organization, systems or other appropriate items and prepare or review the audit program or consulting project and time budget
- Assign work to existing staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities and supervise them on projects
- Evaluate work papers to determine that the audit or engagement was performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing or consulting standards
- Review with Supervisor, Manager, Director or Managing Director any significant audit or consulting findings, financial statement presentation or other matters within the purview of an accounting or consulting assignment
- Prepare or review financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters, income tax returns, reports, programs, systems, policies and procedures for discussion with the client
- Prepare constructive staff counseling/evaluation reports
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent
- MBA or MSA preferred
- CPA certification, preferred
- 3 years of public accounting experience or related field
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, research, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple engagements
- Ability to effectively present, listen and respond to questions from clients and team members
- A self-starter with an eagerness to learn
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Proficiency with ProSystem FX Engagement preferred
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION