Senior Accountant (Operations)
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Lendmark Financial Services is a consumer finance company that specializes in providing direct and indirect personal loans, automobile loans, debt consolidation loans, and merchant retail sales financing services. Lendmark operates over 319 branch locations throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
We are an Equal Opportunity and eVerify participating employer.
Under minimal supervision the Senior Accountant is responsible for performing reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts and assisting in month end close process
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash sweeps
- Perform and oversee the monthly reconciliation of bank account activity
- Assist with month end close process
- Assist manager with special projects.
- Assist Branch Managers with cash issues.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Accounting
- 5+ years accounting experience with financial services clients or industry experience in financial services
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical skills, strong work ethic and exhibits a 'sense of urgency' to daily tasks and special projects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Ability to work well with other employees within the company and at the branch level, building relationships that focus on teamwork
- Ability to work independently
- Normal office environment