Billing Associate I
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Billing Associate I
Rate of Pay: $14.00/hour
Shift: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Time Off: 15 days of Paid Time plus 10 paid holidays in first year.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), and Company-paid Short/Long Term Disability.
Compiles data and prepares invoices, bills of lading and credit memos for billing. Compiles amounts due from records such as purchase orders, sales tickets and charge slips.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all billing transactions.
- Receives and prepares billing files from a variety of sources to invoice from or upload into billing systems.
- Prints and reads computer files or gathers records and reports to compile needed data.
- Enters/uploads information into billing system or computes amounts due.
- Prepares invoices, listing products and/or services sold and amounts due.
- Prepares/processes credit memorandums to indicate returned or incorrectly billed merchandise or services.
- Prepares/processes credit forms for clients or finance companies.
- Posts transactions to accounting records such as worksheet, ledger or computer files.
- Analyzes posted data to determine if billed dollars are comparable in month over month comparison process.
- Develops/maintains process documentation for each assigned task.
- Assists in special projects.
- Reports process flow issues to Billing Supervisor.
- Interfaces with internal customer service on customer inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of billing principles, practices and processes.
- Knowledge of business and accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to financials and billing systems/processes.
- Skill in data entry.
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- If working with federal government contract clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time.
Billing Associate I
Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for job or specialization. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels. Works under close to moderate supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Typically requires less than 1 year of experience in an office setting and/or experience in data entry or arithmetic computation. Clerical type work including filing, mailing, etc. Consults with senior peers on non-complex processes to learn through experience. Requires a High School diploma and typically less than 1 year of experience in an office setting and/or billing experience.
841 Prudential Dr, Suite 204
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207