Location: Austin, TX
The Billing Specialist is responsible for obtaining accurate and detailed information concerning insurance reimbursement on all patient accounts and notifying appropriate staff on limitations concerning patient treatment.
- Relay insurance benefits and patient liability to patient/guarantor in a professional manner, recognizing uncollectable revenues and generating appropriate documentation.
- Request and process all bills to third party payors and patients, maximizing re-imbursement of services provided to achieve established hospital goals.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry of patient demographic and insurance information, charges, payments, adjustments and other transactions to patient accounts as required to include both insurance and patient billing for charges incurred.
- Responsible for timely follow-up to insurance companies on billing submitted in order to allow for an effective and efficient cash flow of hospital receivables.
- Review admissions records from previous day(s) admissions.
- Verify insurance as required and enter admissions and discharges into system in a timely manner.
- Data entry of all daily charges.
- Record both A/R and miscellaneous cash.
- Prepare bank deposits and post cash and adjustments to patient records as required.
- Balance A/R and maintain supporting reports as per department policy.
- Retrieve and perform electronic billing to insurance companies in a timely manner.
- Make follow up calls to insurance companies and guarantors as required.