Location: Frederick, MD
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 /Year
Name: Courtney Pounds
Our client is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join the Accounting Team and support the growth from the corporate office and 20+ plants around the country.
Additional Desired Experience
Support of Accounts Payable operations including Expense reporting (using Concur systems), processing 1099's, Invoice Entry; Experience with JD Edwards preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Support the Payroll Administrator with weekly and monthly payroll operations for internal and union employees
• Serve as a primary contact for plant operations to address payroll questions and assurance of proper payroll processing
• Manually enter payroll details for plants currently transitioning to automated system
• Meet all essential payroll deadlines for timely and accurate payroll processing
• Ensure the confidentiality of employee records, and utilize good judgment in maintaining all employee information
Education and Experience
• High School diploma along with a working knowledge of accounting systems and procedures are required; college level accounting coursework, or currently pursuing, strongly preferred.
• Minimum 2 years' experience on a computerized payroll system, UltiPro and Kronos highly preferred; Experience processing 900+ payroll records
• Experience with Union payroll and payroll management for multiple sites a plus
• Experience with manual timecard and payroll processes desirable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive in identifying problems and taking actions to resolve
• Must have solid self-management, organizational and follow-up skills
• Must exhibit reliability and dependability