Location: Chester, VA
Name: American Residential Services
ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST POSITION SUMMARY:
ARS specializes in HVAC Customer Service, Installation and Service. We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our dynamic team! This full-time position is perfect for an enthusiastic, dynamic, growth-oriented Junior Accountant. Based in our small but growing office, you will work closely with all areas of Accounting to assist with daily functions.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in Accounting Department
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs, particularly excel.
- Exceptional task management abilities and deadline driven.
- Superb multi-tasking and communication skills.
Accounting Assistant Job Duties:
- Working knowledge of all accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, Collections, Accounts Payable and full-range Accounting duties.
- Ability to work and grow in a deadline & procedural driven environment.
- Process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, cash receipts, vendor statements and journal entries.
- Review and code financial information, Customer Payments, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Contributes to team by sharing responsibility and accomplishing results.
- Assist Controller on Month End close, reporting requirements and reconciliations.
- Documented work history of cross-trained, enthusiastic, small office work environment,
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by reviewing account information.
- Full understanding of and adaptability to a Corporate environment with varying priorities throughout the month.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects processes by keeping financial information confidential.
- Perform specific assigned duties by applying knowledge of Accounting terminology and use of excel spreadsheets and Accounting systems.
- Experience in HVAC, Installations or Home Services business a definite plus.
HS diploma, or GED equivalent, is required. An Associate's degree in business administration or other administrative training is desired. Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
ARS-Rescue Rooter is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/EOE/M/F/V/D. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, ARS-Rescue Rooter may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.