Finance Intern - Summer 2019
Location: Lansing, MI
Are you looking for an internship where you will work with a group of dynamic insurance professionals who are committed to social responsibility, making workplaces safe, and making a difference? If so, consider building your skills and starting your career with COBX.
Interns will work with employees throughout the organization to forward business objectives in the areas of insurance operations and corporate functions. Interns will gain exposure to agents, policyholders, health care providers, claimants, attorney and other staff and customers, as directed by business needs. Diverse knowledge of insurance company operations will be beneficial.
- Performs duties related to the major functional areas of our business which may include Business Analytics, Actuarial, Predictive Modeling, Data Science, Data Analysis, Insurance Claims, Loss Control, Business Development, Underwriting, Information Technology, Finance, Legal, General Business.
- Prepares and delivers presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Attends unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Shows learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gains an understanding of how Accident Fund Holdings, Inc. runs and how Workers Compensation Insurance works.
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manages multiple deadlines.
- Completes miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Uses company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Performs other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required