Location: Columbus, OH
- Develop and implement financial systems, processes, controls and procedures for accounting functions.
- Coordinate and supervise activities of the accounting department.
- Prepare employees for greater responsibility by involving them in different areas of the department.
- Provide financial information to operating management in a routine and timely manner.
- Serve as a backup for the Payroll Accountant when needed.
- Develop and submit requested reports in a timely fashion that assists in the analysis of the business.
- Prepare and distribute daily revenue, cash and census reports.
- Assume responsibility for developing and achieving budget targets for the department and the facility.
- Monitor the expenditures of the facility to maintain compliance with the budget.
- Operate within the confines of the annual budget as adjusted for volume.
- Monitor daily deposits and reconcile with G/L posting to assure accuracy of daily reporting and facilitates month end processing and reconciliation.
- Organize and coordinate activities of the accounting departments as they pertain to the preparation of monthly financial statements and month end close.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. CPA preferred. 5 years’ of job related experience preferably in a health care setting.