Location: MIDDLE CITY WEST, PA
Ref ID: 03720-0011319190
Controller candidates looking for work in a very dynamic and high profile area with significant visibility at executive management level will be interested in this position. Are you looking for work where you will become part of our client's team? Robert Half Management Resources has an open Controller position, which has broad business engagement & impact. Based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, this Controller position will be a long-term temporary-to-full-time engagement. If you can manage the process to ensure that models are correct and are fully accrued each month, verify and hold the operations team accountable to ensure end to end incentive processing, payments, accounting and related financial controls are operating effectively, you might be right for this Controller position.
- Perpetual reviewing of actual spend against budget, as well as leading necessary actions needed for any expected shortfalls
- Obtain understanding of key financial results and movements across programs to summarize and discuss with key business partners
- Supervise reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes and tools for the accountable programs
- Analyze and observe controls to ensure they are effectively designed and operating in partnership with compliance
- Work closely with Treasury to provide timely cash flow forecasts
- Collaborate with various business partners for a variety of program controllership and FP&A activities such as upholding accurate accrual models and appropriate accounting, as well as true-up activities. Also answer queries from business, area and subsidiary controllers
- Collation of evidence and qualitative discussion of monthly financial results across global programs to support SOX controls
- Achieve understanding of key financial results and movements across programs to summarize and discuss with key business partners
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
- CPA and/or CMA preferred
- Capacity to assess process and internal control weaknesses and identify improvements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with experience in establishing trusted advisor/consultant relationships and proven ability to influence Executives and Business Decision Makers
- detail oriented accounting and controllership or public accounting and internal controls experience and/or Internal Audit or Controls and Compliance
- Experience engaging with teams and providing leadership across finance teams
- Working knowledge of ERP system
- Well-versed in office and accounting computer systems
- Proven analytical skills with ability to implement solutions and vendor management experience with good organizational skills
- Command of financial reporting
- Month end closings experience
- Microsoft Excel experience
Our industry-leading alliances and broad client network provide you greater access to a variety of unique interim and long-term project opportunities that can keep you continuously engaged. We also provide competitive benefits and compensation packages, as well as online training and continuing professional education (CPE). Our parent company, Robert Half, has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998.
At Robert Half Management Resources, your experience matters - and we put it to good use. To apply for this position or for more information on other engagements, visit us online at roberthalfmr.com or call your branch office at 888.490.3198.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Management Resources. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.