Recovery Specialist II
Location: Covington, GA
Lendmark Financial Services is a consumer finance company that specializes in providing direct and indirect personal loans, automobile loans, debt consolidation loans, and merchant retail sales financing services. Lendmark operates over 319 branch locations throughout Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
We are an Equal Opportunity and eVerify participating employer.
The role of the Recovery Specialist II is to contact customers whose accounts have previously charged-off and attempt to make arrangements on the account, including negotiating potential settlement agreements. The Recovery specialists will make contact to customers by making outbound phone calls while also receiving in-bound phone calls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact customers of charged-off loans for the purpose of recovering charged-off dollars and mitigating losses.
- Establish repayment schedules on accounts where applicable for debt repayment based on customers financial situations, including negotiating potential lump sum settlement agreements.
- Utilize skip tracing tools when needed for the purpose of locating customers and update account information when needed
- Ability to conduct all conversations in a clear and professional manner, always adhering to all federal, state and local guidelines
- May assist with coaching and training of new recovery specialists
- Assist in gathering and organizing post-charge off account file information in preparation for asset sales
- As needed, work with debt buyers to reconcile payments and other information from accounts sold
- As needed, work with vendors supporting asset sale activities
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years experience in consumer finance and/or collection, or recovery experience in related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with exceptional active listening skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to generate successful contact with past due customers
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word Applications
- Some college preferred
- English/Spanish bilingual skills a plus
- Normal call center environment