Location: Cromwell, CT
Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:
This position performs reimbursement functions with focus on billing. Assigned responsibilities are to be completed in compliance with federal, state and payor guidelines as well as with Company policy and procedure.
- Processes claims accurately and timely and is persistent with aging accounts.
- Notifies supervisor of problem accounts.
- Processes denials and secondaries promptly.
- Submits appropriate documentation for adjustments to supervisor.
- Assists month-end closing as scheduled to assure timeliness.
- Attends required in-services each year.
- Works collaboratively with other departments, including operations and managed care, to improve reimbursement process and results.
- Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
- Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
NONEBASIC EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTSHigh school diploma or equivalent.Minimum of 1yr medical billing experience is required.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Working of knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 coding.
- Knowledge of NDC coding.
- Knowledge of electronic billing.
- Excellence calculation/math skills.
- Ability to understand insurance contracts for billing purposes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with branch departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
- Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality is required along with sensitivity to employees and customers needs and data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, and payors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Home Health or DME experience is preferred.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.