Location: Lansing, MI
Provides input into research, development, and methods in the application of actuarial principles for insurance/financial activities.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Participates in setting and achieving goals and meeting deadlines for actuarial projects.
- Communicates with management on project status, concerns, etc.
- Conducts analysis in one or more of several areas, including product development, financial modeling, financial reporting, risk analysis, and data analysis.
- Applies relevant actuarial principles to work product.
- Serves as a role model for actuarial students.
- Assists with entry level student’s development.
Education and Experience Required
- Understands relevant actuarial principles in order to apply to work product.
- Ability to train or assist peers.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and utilize various computer applications.
- Sense of urgency and excellent follow through.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple top priorities accurately and in a timely manner, and the ability to change priorities as needed.
- Must be a proactive, creative, flexible and deductive thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field of study required.
- 1-3 years of actuarial experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Probability and Financial Mathematics exams.
- Continuing efforts to pass SoA courses to obtain ASA designation.