Location: Madison, WI
Pay: $97,000.00 - $146,000.00 /Year
Name: Kim Herlitzka
Our client is an industry leading company and a highly desirable place to work. They are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture, flexible schedule, excellent benefits, great amenities, and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. They pride themselves on promoting from within.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The Accounting Manager will record and analyze the company’s financial information including timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- Manage the monthly close process and financial reporting and analysis.
- Supervise the preparation of the journal entries for the monthly trial balance and monthly account reconciliations.
- Plan, coordinate and execute annual financial audit.
- Establish annual business plans and forecasting and assist with preparing the annual budget.
- Assist in the compilation of information for the company’s annual tax returns.
- Implement new accounting guidance as recommended by Technical Accounting and Research into financial reporting.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
- Provide leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Develop staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance and development plans.
- The Accounting Manager will perform other duties as needed.
The Accounting Manager will possess the following:
- The Accounting Manager will have 5+ years’ related accounting experience. Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in financial services and/or insurance industry a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and financial reporting systems.
- The Accounting Manager will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.