Location: Ware, MA
Name: Kathleen Brown
Gandara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
Gandara Center's mission is to promote the well-being of Hispanics, African Americans, and other culturally diverse populations through innovative culturally competent behavioral health, prevention, and education services. Established in 1977 The Gandara Center provides outpatient mental health and substance use services to the growing and largely unserved Hispanic community in Western Massachusetts.
Gandara Center serves more than 10,000 people from all backgrounds per year at 45 locations across the state of Massachusetts.
The Gandara Center provides a progressive, team-based environment with many exciting job opportunities. Are you ready to work in an environment where caring is a way of life? Come join the Gandara Center today to be on your way to a rewarding career!
40 hours per week – Openings on 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift
- To maintain direct supportive contact with residents to continually assess their individual needs, especially during stressful and crisis situations
- To develop strong, supportive relationships with the clients.
- To provide for client care and safety.
- To interact with clients in order to assess needs, provide information, discuss problems, set limits and encourage growth and development.
- To transport clients in matters related to service delivery.
- To participate in client recreational activities.
- To participate in all case consultation meetings, staff meetings and case conferences.
- To administer drug/alcohol screens to residents when considered clinically appropriate.
- To provide orientation of services to prospective clients, family members and community interest groups.
- To provide crisis intervention.
- Ability to work with population in recovery
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and work with minimal supervision, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to master First Aid, CPR, Defensive Driving, and Fire Safety.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingual Desired (Spanish/English) – Written, Spoken, Read
- High School/GED +2 yrs. experience.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in human service field preferred.
- Leadership skills
- Valid driver’s license and must meet the agencies requirements for driving history records
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year