Location: Anderson, IN, IN
Name: Abby Hewitt
The Senior Accountant provides excellent analytical skills and has a thorough knowledge of Not-for-Profit accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). A successful candidate demonstrates the ability to work well with a team and provide great customer service to our staff and constituents.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Posts and Reconciles Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
● Reconciles Cash Accounts Monthly
● Posts and Reconciles Investments Monthly
● Reconciles various Balance Sheet Accounts Monthly
● Performs various month-end and year-end close processes
● Assists Controller in reviewing and revising processes and procedures
● Assists Controller in evaluating and improving internal controls
● Identifies errors and suggests ways to improve efficiencies
● Provides financial analysis of various projects for the Controller to review
● Provides suggestions to Controller that improve financial performance and spending
● Assists with Annual Audit
● Prepares internal reporting for other departments and management so that all interested parties can make accurate financial decisions
● Monitors Budget vs. Actual Reports for all projects
● Monitors Positive Pay exceptions
● Various other tasks as assigned
● The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial information. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that all financial information is entered and reconciled in a timely manner. The Senior Accountant is an analytical role that will help the organization grow. This position must also be a good customer service advocate for the organization and serve customers and coworkers to their best ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
● CPA Certification a plus
● 2 – 4 years of related experience required
● Public Accounting Experience a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
● Familiarity with financial accounting statements
● Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Including all aspects of Microsoft Office.
● Experience in Blackbaud Financial Edge is preferred.
● Strong analytical skills
● Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with coworkers and customers.
● Positive attitude towards learning new tasks is required.
● Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the accounting team that provides financial assistance to the organization.
● Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
● Excellent organizational skills.