Location: Pittsfield, MA
Name: kenneth tear
The College Internship Program (CIP) is a comprehensive post-secondary support program for young adults on the Autism Spectrum, with Asperger’s, ADHD and other Learning Differences. We offer full-year individualized academic, social, career and life skills support. Our Mission is to inspire independence and expand the foundation on which young adults can build happy and productive lives.
Our National Office is seeking a full-time Accountant and Financial Services Representative. As the Accounts and Financial Services Specialist, this person serves as the main contact to parents from a finance and contract standpoint providing professional and positive customer service. They also assist with other financial duties including billing, AP, AR, Closings, etc.
- Oversee contract process for all CIP locations and students.
- Serve as the main point of contact with parents on enrollment matters, the collection of tuition, contracts, etc.
- Makes deposits, processes credit card, and ACH transactions.
- Maintains various accounting work papers and accruals. Records transactions, petty cash, bill payments, journal entries, etc.
- Assists with monthly and year end closing.
- Documents work flow and procedures.
- Processes regional center billing for California CIP centers, billings for school district students and students sponsored by the state vocational rehab.
- Provides financial packets, enrollment contracts, and tracks student enrollment.
- Monitors and manages past due invoices and billings.
Skills, Education, and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required in related field.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the financial and/or contracts area.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online desirable.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, communication, problem-solving, planning, prioritizing, influencing, and organizational and team facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Belief in and knowledge of the potential abilities and skills of people living with learning and attention differences, Asperger's, high functioning autism, and related hidden disabilities.
- Experience working in private school environments, working with referral sources, families, and direct services with clients and students desirable.
- Some travel may be required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, salary expectation, and a cover letter detailing how your experience meets the requirements of the position.